Who I am

My photo
This is my journey to add beauty and organization to my home, as well as being the best Wife, Mom, Woman & Christian that I can be. Join me, you'll feel better about your own life. LOL!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hello Again

Forgive Followers for I have sinned. It has been 48 days since my last post. I have no excuse really, just kinda lost my blogging mojo. But I have about 8 projects swirling in my brain and cluttering up my craft area kitchen table. So I have decided that I am going to be blogging again. Not everyday, but often I think.
I don't have any great pics for you today but I do have an idea. That I totally stole from someone else. I am taking a new med that I have to take twice daily with food. And I can't take it as late as dinner time because it will keep me up. SO that means that I have to eat breakfast and lunch. And normally I don't eat until about 4 pm. I don't like buying cereal because if it is anything that the kids like, it is the only thing that they will eat until it is gone. I was making my own granola which is SOO good but incredibly caloric. So I have been making oatmeal. Which I often forget about on the stove and burn. But then I saw a recipe on 'Zaar for making oatmeal in a rice cooker, which I already have on the counter because I eat a ton of Jasmine Rice ** Just a note here. if you only eat generic white rice, you are missing out. Jasmine rice is a totally new level of rice. Crazy good.** But you can cook oatmeal in it too. Dump in 1 part oatmeal to 2 parts water and push the go button. Walk away for about 25 min and you have perfect oatmeal. Yummy.
So I should go do something so that I have something to show ya'll. Currently I am working on the following.
*magnetic chore charts for the kids
*Patriotic door wreath
*Flag banner for Fathers Day gift
*Family Rules Board
*Summer Dresses for Gia
And I really would like them all done for the family party that we are hosting on Sunday.
Oh and I need to clean the house up for said party. I also need to make homemade ice cream, a large salad, and deep dish apple pie.
~~Jess~~

1 comment: