It is spray paint weather 'round these parts. LOVE IT!!! It has been a little windy so I have been doing it in the garage with the door open. I have no less than 4 projects in different stages of drying.
I host Easter dinner for my Mom's Family every year. I love it. I was looking through blogland a while ago and I saw a candle arrangement that I loved. I will be posting my version of the completed thing tomorrow, but I needed something to make a crown of thorns. The original used a small grapevine wreath, but I couldn't find one that looked right, so I thought about how to make my own.
These are the tools that I used:
20 gauge wire 1.99
16 gauge wire 1.99
needle nose pliers
small coffee can
I took the 16 gauge wire (the fatter one) and wrapped it around the coffee can about 3 times to create the size that I wanted and to give it a shape.
Then I cut the wire with the wire cutters.
Then cut several 2-3 inch lengths of the thinner wire. Keeping a tail out, wrap the wire several times around a section of the "wreath" that you made with the large wire.
I then used the needle nosed pliers to squeeze the wrapped wire together so that each wrap was touching the next, and to flatten it slightly so that it didn't slide around in case I didn't wrap it tight enough.
I continued around the wreath until it looked the way that I wanted. I was going to a kind of a barbed wire look.
Then I took it outside and spray painted it with Dark bronze.
It looks just the way that I wanted it to, Plus it only cost about $4 to make and I have tons of wire left over for other projects as each package came in 25ft spools.
Have a great day all!!